Welcome to the wiki for the Terrestrial Mapping Platform!
About the Terrestrial Mapping Platform
Our overall goal is to test, document, and support v1.0 of our ground based multimodal Terrestrial Mapping Platform (TMP) kit and associated software workflows, working at a relatively small scale and cost, designed for practitioners to deploy with end-to-end analysis capabilities.
To validate our solution and documentation we will build two crafts based on our TMP design, field test them and the software workflows, and then donate the craft to appropriate institutions in Iceland.
The complete assemblage includes:
- The craft (drone), each equipped with:
- LiDAR and laser time-of-flight sensor
- Visible light and near infrared capable lens
- Accelerometer and 3 axis gyrometer
- Magnetometer with ground drag sled
- Ground control points (detectable in all sensor modes)
- Hardware Designs
- Surveying and data collection app
- Analysis workflows
- User documentation (this wiki, plus a few other pages to be linked)
This project is funded in part by a grant from the National Geographic. Views expressed here or in other online spaces by our team do not necessarily reflect the views of National Geographic or related entities.